Thursday, April 12, 2018

Do you struggle to open water & soda bottles?

With my progressive RA, I struggle to open water bottles and the
occasional soda bottle. My fingers just can't grab and twist them off anymore. One of the reasons that RA suffers can feel isolated is that they avoid social settings where they know they may need to rely on others to help them.

I don't mind traveling around with my husband and asking him to open my water bottle, but when I'm in the doctor's office waiting for my next appointment, the last thing I want to do is ask the person sitting next to me to open my water bottle.

One of the hardest situations for me was when I went on a trip with my mother and father. Being almost 50 now, I hated asking my 72-year-old mother if she could open my water!

Yikes - talk about a blow to the ego!


I found the perfect tool! This opener pictured on the left is great for opening up all sort of twist top bottles. Just place the clamp around the cap and then turn. The caps come off so easy!

I have one in my car, one in my purse, one in my computer bag and two in my kitchen. The best bet is to look on Amazon, as they are only about $12 a piece. Best investment I have made to date in saving the joints in my wrists!

Jokari Black Beverage Opener - click to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment